Sequoia Legal represents individual physicians, healthcare practices and medical device companies with their ongoing regulatory, compliance, employment and general corporate and commercial needs. We are experts at structuring healthcare related transactions to comply with the Stark law, Anti-Kickback Statute, and other state and federal health care laws and regulations governing healthcare fraud and abuse and relationships between healthcare providers and other entities. Sequoia’s Healthcare services include the following:
- Advice on compliance with the Stark Law, Anti-Kickback Statute and related fraud and abuse regulations. Advice and legal support on national security and foreign policy export controls administered by the Departments of Commerce, State and Treasury.
- Representing individual physicians, healthcare providers and medical device companies on various healthcare related business transactions.
- Counseling clients on various aspects of applicable healthcare laws and regulations.
- Representing healthcare practices and entities on supply chain and purchasing issues.
- Serve as outside general counsel for healthcare providers and physicians.
- Advising on healthcare related employment issues, including representing physicians in negotiations with hospitals and private practices and advising practices on key issues related to hiring and terminating employees.
- Counseling clients on a wide range of healthcare billing and reimbursement issues.